Mentors teach students the background of a research problem, lead students through the process of designing a research project, and answer questions as students learn the basics of laboratory work. Interested students should read the research summaries and identify the top three mentors whose research matches their scientific interests and career goals. Students may select any mentor on the list, irrespective of institution. Listed below are mentors who available for the upcoming fellowship period.
- Jack Bateman, Ph.D.
- Anne McBride, Ph.D.
- Jennifer Honeycutt, Ph.D.
- Hadley Horch, Ph.D.
- Dan Powell, Ph.D.
- Tariq Ahmad, Ph.D.
- David Angelini, Ph.D.
- Joshua Martin, Ph.D.
- Suegene Noh, Ph.D.
- Ron Peck, Ph.D.
- Kevin Rice, Ph.D.
- Christina Cota, Ph.D.
- Yee Mon Thu, Ph.D.
- Robert Augustine, Ph.D.
College of the Atlantic
MDI Biological Laboratory
- Aric Rogers, Ph.D.
- Dustin Updike, Ph.D.
- Jim Coffman, Ph.D.
- James Godwin, Ph.D.
- Hermann Haller, M.D.
- Iain Drummond, Ph.D.
- Joel Graber, Ph.D.
- Jane Disney, Ph.D.
- Prayag Murawala, Ph.D.
- Romain Madeleine, Ph.D.
The University of Maine
- Julie Gosse, Ph.D.
- Clarissa Henry, Ph.D.
- Sue Ishaq, Ph.D.
- Pauline Kamath, Ph.D.
- Benjamin King, Ph.D.
- Dorothy Klimis-Zacas, Ph.D., FACN
- Melissa Maginnis, Ph.D.
- Michael Mason, Ph.D.
- Sally Molloy, Ph.D.
- Melody Neely, Ph.D.
- Rosemary Smith, Ph.D.
- Robert Wheeler, Ph.D.
- Joshua Kelley, Ph.D.
- Caitlin Howell, Ph.D.
- Karissa Tilbury, Ph.D.
- Andre Khalil, Ph.D.
- Han Tan, Ph.D.
- Jennifer Perry, Ph.D.
- Jared Talbot, Ph.D.
- Will Gramlich, Ph.D.
- Matthew Brichacek, Ph.D.
- Suzanne Angeli, Ph.D.
The University of Maine at Presque Isle
The University of New England
- Eva Rose Balog, Ph.D. – Engineered proteins/biomaterials
- Deena Small, Ph.D. -Adipogenesis and metabolism
- Kerry Tucker, Ph.D. – Neuronal Primary Cilia
- Ling Cao, Ph.D. – Mechanisms of Neuroimmunity
- Michael Burman, Ph.D. – Ontogeny, trauma, pain
- Geoff Ganter, Ph.D. – Primary Nociceptor Sensitivity
- Luis Queme Cobar, M.D., Ph.D. – Pain, Stress, Neuroimmunology
- Diana Goode, Ph.D. – Neuron-T-cell Communication
- Ian Meng, Ph.D. – Corneal Pain, Dry Eye Disease
- Derrek Molliver, Ph.D. – Neuronal Response Properties
- Amy Deveau, Ph.D. – Synthesis of Bioactive Molecules
Maine Health Research Institute
- Matthew Lynes, Ph.D.–Center for Molecular Medicine- Lipid hormone regulation of fat tissue development
- Sergey Ryzhov, M.D., Ph.D.– Center for Molecular Medicine- Cardiovascular disease, cardiac arrest, heart failure
- Igor Prudovsky, Ph.D.– Center for Molecular Medicine- Trauma Repair, Adiopgenesis
- Michaela Reagan, Ph.D. –Center for Molecular Medicine- Multiple Myeloma
- Volkhard Lindner, Ph.D. –Center for Molecular Medicine- Identifying functions of CTHRC1
- Lucy Liaw, Ph.D. – Center for Molecular Medicine- Vascular Biology
- Katherine Motyl, Ph.D. –Center for Molecular Medicine- Nervous system regulation of bone density
- Jeffrey Florman, M.D.– Neurosurgery- Brain and spine disease
- Anyonya Guntur, Ph.D.– Center for Molecular Medicine- Role of mitochondria in bone cells
- Arturo Hernandez, Ph.D.– Thyroid hormones in neurodevelopmental and endocrine disorders
- Robert Koza, Ph.D.– Center for Molecular Medicine- Novel pathways regulating obesity and Type 2 diabetes
- Teresa May, D.O.– Critical Care- Improving cardiac arrest outcomes
- Richard Riker, M.D.– Shivering During Targeted Temperature Management after Cardiac Arrest
- Robert Smith, M.D.– Center for Molecular Medicine- Vector Borne Disease
- Kristen Woodberry, Ph.D.– Center for Psychiatric Research- Models for screening and triage of psychotic symptoms
- Ziru Li, Ph.D. – Center for Molecular Medicine- Roles of the gut-bone axis in bariatric surgery-caused bone loss